对话原文
Actually, I'm a stagehand here.
事实上 我是这里的舞台后勤
I just started last week,
我上周才开始工作
but I already got the axe,
但现在已经被解雇了
and I just had to hand my stuff in to somebody, so…
我得把工作用具交给别人 所以…
So you're the one who got fired?
被炒的就是你
- Yeah. - By an unnamed actor?
-是的 -炒你的是匿名演员
Yeah.
是的
I just hate theater people!
剧院的人真是太过分了
It's my own fault.
怪我自己
I mean, you know, this job is not as easy
这份工作没有他们说的
as they said it would be.
那么容易
I mean, you got to walk around in the dark.
你得在黑暗中行走
You got to put stuff places.
把东西摆放到位
And sometimes the stuff is not real stuff.
那些东西有时还不是真的
It's fake stuff.
是假的
But it's still got to be there.
但还得放过去
今日重点:
舞台工作人员:stagehand
被解雇了:get the axe。意思和下文的get fired一样
交给:hand。除了作名词表示“手”,也可作动词表示“上交,递给”
无名的,匿名的:unnamed。之前讲过,匿名的还可以用anonymous
四处走动:walk around
(来源:沪江英语)