对话原文:
Mom's browsing history is more interesting than yours.
妈妈的浏览历史比你的有意思多了
So, why Nigeria?
所以 为什么查尼日利亚
Don't worry about it.
你别管
Ooh. Is it a charity thing?
是慈善活动吗
People buy a pair of socks,
每销售一双袜子
we give away a pair to a poor person?
我们就送一双给穷人
We're not doing that.
我们不会那样做
You sure? We don't really have to give anything away.
你确定 我们其实不会送出去
Nobody checks.
没人会检查
That's not happening.
没有这回事
So, what's the deal, then?
那怎么回事
None of your business.
不关你的事
We're only as sick as our secrets, big brother.
我们的秘密和我们一样肮脏 大哥
- Where'd you get that? - Alcoholics Anonymous saying.
-那个是哪来的 - 匿名戒酒互助会
今日重点:
浏览:browse。这个词不仅可用于网上浏览,当你去商场时,如果只是想随便看看(不想被售货员打扰),就可以说:I'm just browsing.
你确定?You sure. 口语说法,完整句子是Are you sure?但口语中常可以省略are
不关你事:None of your business. 也可以说Mind your own business. 管好你自己吧
酗酒的:alcoholic/ˌælkəˈhɒlɪk/,既可以作形容词表示酗酒的,也可作名词表示酒鬼。alcohol/ˈælkəhɒl/,酒精
匿名的:anonymous /əˈnɒnɪməs/;anonym /'ænənɪm/,(名词)假名
(来源:沪江英语)